Sunday, March 6, 2011

First day with Ethan!!

Hello everyone! Checking in from Addis Ababa.
We got in this morning at about 8:15 after a long 13 hour flight. No sleep at all...in case you were wondering! :)

We got a chance to meet our little guy for the very first time today. There were MANY tears...mainly from him. I don't think he was too fond of us. But that's ok. We will be back tomorrow, to try again.

I got a chance to have him fall asleep in my arms for an hour and enjoyed listening to his contented sighs. Then he woke up and teased us with a few giggles! It's so much fun to see how he begins to trust us little by little and how we fall in love with him each day more and more!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!

    13 hours!!! Becca and Michael Freeland are on the wagon prayin for ya!

    I'm tearing up reading this. You have met your son! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, amazing, amazing. It brought tears to my eyes. I am with you guys in heart. Can't wait to hear more and can't wait to see full up "mug" shots ;)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying tears of joy for you. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keyla what an exciting time! I felt tears coming on just thinking about this experience!

    ReplyDelete