Monday, January 10, 2011

The birth of a tree!

Happy Monday everyone!

I don't know why but Mondays are simply not my favorite day of the week. I have a feeling I am not alone in this sentiment. For about a week and a half I've had the pleasure of hosting a great friend of mine, Camille, and unfortunately she had to leave today. We've known each other since we were in 4th grade and it is funny to see how quickly we can go back to being silly kids again with just a re-telling of a story or a silly song we used to sing. It was a lot of fun having her here with us and catching up with her.

While she was here, I was already planning on painting the baby's room and she was gracious enough to offer a hand. Not sure how but somehow the idea of a tree drawing on one of the walls came about and poor Camille got stuck with the task of bringing it to life. I just knew she had what it takes and she did not let me down! In a few days, she took a few colors and put together an amazing masterpiece. I know Ethan will truly appreciate "titi Camille's" gift to him! :)

I have a short video of "titi Camille" painting the tree and a few photos of the process. The next step will be a little scarier, for me. I am tracing some small animals to paint around the tree and I hope I don't disappoint "titi Camille"! :-)

Stay tuned for the grand finale in a few days...









3 comments:

  1. I love you ETHAN!!!! Thanks, Kelvin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Camille! But...where is the monkey that is suppose to be hanging from the tree???

    ReplyDelete